Search This Blog

Friday, August 10, 2012

It's 5 o'clock Somewhere - Frosty Pink Lemonade with Sage

I was craving a lemonade.  I have lemons!  I have water!  I have ice!

And I purchased fresh sage and I also have frozen pitted cherries.

Recipe adapted from the Vitamix Frosty Basil Lemonade, the addition of some frozen cherries give it a wonderful color and taste.  I mistakenly purchased sage at the store.  Still tastes great to me!

  • 2 cups water
  • 1.5 cups of ice
  • 2 lemons peeled, de-seeded, quartered
  • 6 to 8 frozen pitted cherries
  • small handful of sage, maybe 1/4 c.
  • Sweetener of your choice

This drink is TART with a capital 'T.'  Don't forget the liberal use of the sweetener of your choice.  I used Stevia, but then also added a little Splenda.

Salute!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Polite Comments Welcome!